The Z Life Program is a program of Open Doors Organization. The mission of the Z Life Program is to provide and create information, integration and participation among people with disabilities and their families and friends through fun events.
- Provide hope and help individuals find their strength and confidence
- Believe that everyone has the ability to face the challenges of life
- Encourage greater accessibility and universal design worldwide
Annual Beyond the Waters Beach Party
The Annual Beyond the Waters Beach party for over 700 people with disabilities, family and friends. It is a free day at the beach, which features adaptive kayaking, handcycling, kids zone, music, games and a great BBQ cookout.
The event is hosted and coordinated by the Z Life Program of Open Doors Organization, Adaptive Adventures, Midwest Wheelchair Sports and Social Club, and the Chicago Park District, with the support of many community organizations, adaptive sports groups, hospitals, for profit companies, and a dedicated group of nearly 100 volunteers. The Presenting Sponsor is United Airlines, whose employees also come out as volunteers.
The 2020 Beyond the Waters Beach Party has been cancelled due to COVID-19. We plan on seeing everyone in 2021!
For more updates, visit our Facebook Page: Beyond The Waters Beach Party Facebook
“Just Say Hi!” Awareness Program
The “Just Say Hi!” slogan is used to create and promote public awareness of individuals with disabilities. To approach and treat everyone the same, without discrimination. When meeting someone, with or without a disability, remember to share your smile and…
- Open Doors Organization
- Disability Business Recourse Center – Training and Seminars
- Chicago Disability Pride Parade
- We have supported the parade for 16 year and provided over 4,000 refreshments for participants and guests.
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Peer Visitor Program
- Adaptive Recreational Sports
- Chicago Park District
- Advisory Council – Beach Walk Project
- Adaptive Adventures
- Dreams for Kids – Holiday For Hope
- Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago – Inclusion Awareness Program
- Bodies of Work – The Chicago Festival of Disability Arts and Culture
- PERPATO Organization, Greece
- Greek Orthodox National Ladies Philoptochos Society
- Wheelchair Project 2007, with 250 donations
- ANDEF, Rio de Janerio, Brazil